30.1.15

Happiness ǁ I was glad this week #2






Happy Friday everybody!

Thank god it's Friday, seriously. Today was a crappy day. The week hasn't been great either. I'm sitting huddled up in my blanket surrounding myself with comfort food. But in the midst of the grey, black, sludgy brown splotch of this week, there were indeed things to be glad about.

1. I finished my design portfolio! I felt such a huge rush of relief the moment I saved the final draft. So I sent in my application to a couple of offices and hope to hear about my internship soon. The semester at uni just can't get done fast enough. I'm more than ready to get out into the real world now.

2. Discovered Hozier. Clearly, i've been living under a rock because I only came across this wonderful artist now, but his song ' Take Me To Church' has been a massive hit during the past year and has now received a Grammy nomination! It's beautiful. Period. I've been listening to it on repeat the entire week.





3. Watched the Republic Day parade; (on the telly haha). Nevertheless, it was a moment of pride to watch the magnificent Republic Day parade on Monday, Jan 26th. The parade takes place in Delhi every year and it's been ages since I actually sat down and watched the entire show.

4. Watched an AMAZING Ted talk by neuroanatomist Jill Bolte Taylor. It is amongst the 20 most watched Ted talks on YouTube. She talks about the day she woke up to realise she was having a massive brain stroke. She slowly felt her brain functions slip away one by one, but remembered every detail after the incident. Her description is truly fascinating and it makes  you think about what an absolutely beautiful organ the brain is. Please do watch it! I got goosebumps.




That's it for today folks! I should probably use my own advice and go listen to the Pick me Up Playlist ( click here to view the post). Or I could work on another blog post. Or I could go watch some Dan and Phil 


What cheers you up on a bad day?

Minna

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thank you for your comment :)