16.1.15

Music ǁ Pick-me-up Playlist - Radical Face



Happy Friday guys!


Music is a huge part of most people's lives, be it in the form of singing, playing an instrument, dancing or simply the pure joy of listening. For me, songs and music are as powerful in making memories as other senses such as smell and sight. I'm sure a lot of you have a similar experience - a song can transport you back to your childhood, a particular instant in time, an amazing holiday you had or a time when you were sad.

I plan to have a series of posts sharing some of my favourite music and telling you a little bit about how i discovered them and the memories they bring back. 


My first playlist in this series, I call the Pick-me-up Playlist, featuring songs by the artist Radical Face. You won't understand the beauty of these songs until you've heard them yourself! They are my classic go-to songs when i'm having a bad day and always successfully uplift my mood.


The first song I ever heard by Radical Face was Welcome Home. I got goosebumps on my first listen and had the song on repeat for pretty much my entire summer vacation. It was only after about two months that i realised that there was probably more beautiful music to be discovered by this extremely talented artist!

His songs just transport you to a different world. Here are my top five favourites:


1. Ghost towns: Evergreen, extremely soothing 




2. Black eyes: Beautifully haunting melody 



3. Welcome home son: Plethora of unusual instruments




4. Always gold: Absolutely beautiful lyrics




5. Mountains: Again, beautiful lyrics which transport you back to the wonders of being a child




So these are my favourite Radical Face songs! I am always reminded of that beautiful summer whenever I listen to these. Give them a listen and definitely let me know how you liked them!
Who are some of your favourite artists? :)


Have a great weekend! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thank you for your comment :)