23.1.15

Happiness ǁ I was glad this week #1



HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYBODY!

On my way home from college today, I was reflecting upon the week I had, and it was a pretty great one. There really wasn't any grand event that took place, just a collection of wonderfully happy everyday moments which made me smile a little wider, laugh a little louder. Because when you really come to think of it, we experience millions of precious moments everyday, so why is it that they are so quickly forgotten the moment we have a bad one?

If you have read my first blog post (click right here if you haven't), you will know that one of the primary reasons I started blogging, was to try and consciously be more positive and appreciate the little things in life, through the medium of this blog. So it was only appropriate that I do literally that - make a list of things that made me glad this week! So here goes:


1. Today! It's Friday, need I say more? Ok I will. Weekend! Oh wait, three day weekend! Not to mention that today was one of the nicest days I've had in a while. Meeting old friends, planning adventures together, laughing long and hard enough to draw strange looks and sipping sugarcane juice in a miniscule shed.

2. Finally making progress on my portfolio! So as part of our programme we are required to do an internship in our fifth year of school. I have been trying to put together my design portfolio for quite a while now, but procrastination won every single time. I'm feeling great about it and hope to finish it soon.

3. Reversing the car out of the my very narrow parking space without scratching/denting/smashing mirrors/squashing cats. I really really want to become more confident in my driving skills. It's a particularly unpleasant hurdle I need to cross. I do not enjoy driving at all (shoutout to Indian traffic), but it's something I can't get out of. I feel like I'll feel more confident after I do successfully venture out on my own little joy ride for the first time. Everybody has different skills and loads of people do find driving difficult, so why does it affect my confidence so much? Is that weird?

4. Getting back to Radical Face. In the process of putting together my last blog post, I listened to a lot of Radical Face after a fair bit of time, and of course I was in my happy place! (Click here to view the post)

5. Discovering the AMAZINGLY AWESOME T-Rex Google game thing! You know when your internet connection is down and the T-Rex pops up in Google Chrome? Press spacebar and prepare to be transported to pixelated awesomeness. (Thanks Kashmira!) I think I came across it pretty late but you cannot imagine how happy it made me!

6. Eating yummy imli papad, or atleast I think that's what it's called. It is exactly like aam papad, but green and tangier. It brought back memories of this sweet called Sunrays we used to get in our school canteen. Anybody else remember them?



So this is what I recall at the moment of the week that has been! I hope to make this sort of post a weekly thing. Let's see how that goes!


What put a sappy grin on your face this week? Let me know in the comments below!



Cheers!

10 comments:

  1. What a nice post :) What exactly is aam papad? I never heard of it before, but I'm really interested to know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Well aam in hindi means mango. So it's a pulpy-jelly sort of sweet (really hard to describe lol) with several layers compacted together. So you can either bite the whole chunk off or eat it layer by layer haha.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for your explanation. Sounds yummy. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy Friday xx love your blog keep it up X

    http://littlemissblogery.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1 (opinions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watching netflix def put a grin on my face lol

    check out my newest post
    xx
    Tyana
    theluxedition.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing blog post had a great read :D

    love your blog

    new post --> http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/ would love to see a comment

    have a nice day

    Jade

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thank you for your comment :)