11.2.15

Happiness ǁ 100 things to be grateful for:




Hey there again!


So I have spent the last two days wallowing in bed and procrastinating, with a few, very short bouts of actually being productive. "Stop being such a useless slug!"shouts the inside of my head. What happened to my plans of staying positive? Staying motivated? Setting goals and then rewarding myself? They're in there somewhere. And so here I am, in front of my laptop screen, in front of my blog. A form of procrastination in itself, honestly speaking, but what I regard as useful procrastination. 


Since I did not put up an 'I was glad this week' post last Friday, I am going to sit here and write down a never-ending list of things I am grateful for.


  1. The tea I'm sipping at the moment.
  2. The fried egg my dad made me for breakfast.
  3. The stunning yellow bird I spotted on a tree outside my window while eating the fried egg.
  4. The Harry Potter poster in my room.
  5. The Rajasthani puppet hanging on my mirror that my friend Sonam gifted me.
  6. The mirror frame my mom let my siblings and me paint/destroy/do whatever we want to.
  7. My mom for being awesomely supportive. And a little bit insane.
  8. My dad for being awesomely supportive. And a little less insane.
  9. My dad for teaching me how to drive.
  10. My dad teaching my how to drive a second time, when I forgot the first time.
  11. And the the third. -.- ( I don't like driving)
  12. Windows Media Player for choosing my favourite Green Day song on shuffle.
  13. Green Day, for being the first ever band I was properly obsessed with.
  14. My obsessive personality, which makes me spend large amounts of time reading about whatever I'm obsessed with at the moment.
  15. My headphones.
  16. My ears, which work quite all right I think.
  17. My fingers, which allow me to type this blog post.
  18. My body, for being the most fascinating computer in the world.
  19. Israeli architect, Guy Austern for bringing to my notice in a lecture he gave that the DNA in our body is the most complicated form of computer coding. 
  20. DNA! I can't get over how amazing it is.
  21. The water bottle next to me. keeping me hydrated.
  22. The Vaseline lip balm next to me, also keeping me hydrated.
  23. My siblings.
  24. For being twins.
  25. And for being awesome in general.
  26. The bag hanging in front of me that I bought in Auroville.
  27. It reminds me of my trip to Auroville. It was the best trip in the world.
  28. The irony, or maybe blessing, that I call almost every trip the best trip in the world.
  29. Auroville, for being seriously bloody amazing.
  30. The friends I made at Auroville.
  31. The friends I got closer to at Auroville.
  32. My friends.
  33. The ABBA song that just started playing on shuffle.
  34. My mom and her brothers for introducing my siblings and I to ABBA.
  35. ABBA. Oh wait, this was probably the first band I was obsessed with.
  36. My phone which just buzzed.
  37. The fact that I have managed to keep my room more or less tidy.
  38. My architecture drawings and portfolios lying in the corner of my room.
  39. The fact that I was allowed to go to architecture school.
  40. And that I have made it to the fourth year.
  41. Almost the fifth year. Couple of months to go.
  42. Next semester, for being the semester I look forward to the most.
  43. Photoshop, for being a really fun software.
  44. My siblings for teaching me Photoshop.
  45. Youtube, for teaching me Photoshop.
  46. Youtube for being Youtube.
  47. My best friend Ruchi for introducing me to YouTubers and YouTube as a profession.
  48. Dan and Phil
  49. Jack and Dean
  50. Benjamin Cook
  51. The Becoming YouTube series by Benjamin Cook.
  52. The song Pipes by Tom Milsom, that I am currently obsessed with.
  53. YouTube for everything really. For introducing me to the work of some amazing film makers, vloggers, animators and musicians.
  54. My internet connection at home which allows me to watch YouTube.
  55. The internet as an invention.
  56. For allowing me to blog.
  57. This blog.
  58. The song Promises by Boy Kill Boy that just came on on shuffle. It reminds me of working out on the exercise cycle.
  59. The 7 minute workout app by Johnson and Johnson.
  60. My friend Aseem for encouraging me to download the app.
  61. The purple yoga mat I use while exercising.
  62. The yoga post I came across on Ella Grace Denton's blog, We Need To Live More.
  63. Instagram for letting me discover her blog.
  64. Music for making me think.
  65. Music for making me feel.
  66. Movies for making me think.
  67. Movies for making me feel.
  68. Intelligent movies for making me feel like I haven't wasted two hours of my life.
  69. Background scores for making me realise the impact sound and video can have when used together.
  70. The background score of Interstellar.
  71. The Backstreet Boys song that just came on. It reminds me of old friends.
  72. It reminds me of my friend Alisha, when we used to sing 'Larger than Life' together.
  73. Alisha, who I hope to stay in touch with forever because her smile makes me happy.
  74. Rituja, for bearing with me when I used to write down lyrics of Green Day songs in my notebook and force her to read them.
  75. Dyuti for sharing with me the journey of discovering the beauty that is Muse music.
  76. All the musicians who ever created something I loved.
  77. All the musicians who ever created stuff I didn't love, because I sang along anyway.
  78. The mysterious person playing acoustic guitar somewhere outside.
  79. The crow who is trying to harmonise with the guitar playing.
  80. The pain in my neck from sleeping wrong, which reminds me that the pain is just a way of asking for help. Everybody needs help.
  81. Anybody who ever helped me.
  82. The fan for keeping mosquitoes at bay.
  83. The fan for being the sound I can't fall asleep without.
  84. My hair, for still being there.
  85. My hair, which will still grow back even if I cut it.
  86. The framed picture of my family and me from 15 years ago.
  87. The woollen knitted mouse on my dresser which reminds me of our family trip to Mukteshwar.
  88. Mukteshwar for being such a breathtaking place.
  89. Nature.
  90. God for creating nature.
  91. Humans, for being humans.
  92. Humans for being different.
  93. Humans for being inexplicably kind.
  94. Humans for being amazingly strong.
  95. Humans for helping each other.
  96. The fact that I listed down 95 things to be grateful for without much effort.
  97. The fact that I can probably type endless things to be grateful for.
  98. The hope and optimism that exists in me that I will be healthy enough in body and soul to continue this list in the future.
  99. My brain, for urging me to start working on my uni homework now. I should probably listen to it.
  100. And finally, to end today's list, I am thankful to the book 'Children and their Environments' by Spencer and Blades, for assisting me in the research paper I am working on currently and shall proceed to work on now after this post.

Cheers,


3 comments:

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thank you for your comment :)