1.3.15

Un-seasonal showers ( of the rain kind )

Mini illustration

I am writing this while wrapped up like a new-born baby in my Finding Nemo duvet, which I needed to pull out since my otherwise not so thick blanket did not suffice. Why did I have to do this in March, you may ask? Isn't March supposed to herald the arrival of mangoes, the sun and all things tropical, here in India? 

The answer to that, ladies and gentlemen, is unseasonal rain. It seems like the weather gods wanted to celebrate the last day of February with quite a gusto. Perhaps it's their favourite month? Or their least favourite, and this is their way of compensating for forgetting to add two (or three ) days to its length. If I were February, I'd need cheering up too. But then again I am quite the mopey person and maybe February has a more optmistic outlook to life.

Or you could take the scientific route and conclude that the heat wave we have been experiencing for the past week has led to a lot of water evaporation and culminated in said rains. I don't think I need to explain the water cycle here, but plain logic points to this being the most probable answer. 

Dang. I think I enjoyed picturing an old man who in my head resembles Ariel's ( from The Little Mermaid ) father handing over a neatly wrapped present to a baby February to stop him from bawling.

Oh my god. I just thought of another possibility. Maybe the rains are baby February sobbing because he DID NOT receive a neatly wrapped present!

I can think of plenty more but I think I should stop this pointless rant now, for fear of driving away the few readers that I do have. All I can say is, whatever the reason, the cooling rain definitely improved my weekend! Sitting by the window with a cup of hot tea, wrapped up in a  blanket cocoon is what I was born for. 

I also happened to catch up on a lot of blog binge-reading and have discovered a gazillion amazing blogs! I am eager to share them with you and will probably soon do a post regarding that.

I hope the unseasonal rain hasn't destroyed the mango crop for the year. I can't do without my daily mango fix in the summer :(

How has your weekend been? Has the weather been causing the apocalypse where you're from? Let me know in the comments!

Bonus question: What do you think was the real reason for the spring showers?

Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say! Thank you for your comment :)